Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the Beechwood Village City Council meet? The Beechwood Village City Council meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm at Beechwood Village Baptist Church, 201 Biltmore Rd. Enter through the side entrance by the playground then proceed down one level and the fellowship room will be down the hall on the left. All residents are invited to attend.
- Our neighbor’s dog(s) are too noisy — what should we do? The City recommends that you first attempt to resolve the matter directly with the neighbor. If this does not resolve the matter, contact Metro Call by dialing 311 with specific information, including date, time and address.
- Can we put a satellite dish in our yard? Satellite dishes must be installed out-of-site from the front of the property, if possible. Dishes are prohibited in front yards.
- What are the City’s parking regulations? The City enforces parking regulations to maintain the safety and accessibility of its streets. Visit our Parking page for details.
- We have new neighbors — will the City greet them? The City Council may not be aware of your new neighbors, so we invite you to contact us and we will gladly welcome your new neighbors and review City ordinances with them.
- Our neighbor’s lawn is unsightly / neglected — what should we do? The City recommends that you first contact the neighbor directly and express your concern. If this does not resolve the matter, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with specific information, including date, time and address.
- What should we know about running a home-based business? Home-based businesses that involve employees, customers or clients reporting to the residence are prohibited. If you have a specific complaint about a neighbor’s home-based business, please notify the City Council.
- We want to build an addition or privacy fence — how do we proceed? Additions, including decks, and privacy fences require BWV City Council approval. Fences 6 feet or under do not require BWV City Council approval. First complete the property addition form, then present it to the City Council at the next scheduled meeting. If you have any questions regarding your application please contact the City of Beechwood Village City Clerk, Cherie Brewer at 502-558-2106 or via email at email@example.com.
- When are trash, recycling, and yard waste picked up? All items are collected on Mondays. Pickup is typically delayed by one day on nationally-observed holidays. Visit our Trash Pickup page for details.
- Our trash / recycling was not picked up — what should we do? If your trash, recycling or lawn waste was not removed up on a scheduled pickup day, please contact Waste Management directly.
- How do we proceed if we want to start a block watch? Contact your city council representative, who will gladly explain and facilitate the process.
- Does the City have a police force? No. Our police services are provided by contract with Graymoor-devondale.com/police.php.
- Does the City provide leaf vacuum services? No. Leaves must be cleared by homeowners.
- Where can we get more information about City codes and ordinances? The City’s merged government adopted the comprehensive land development codes of Jefferson County, with enforcement provided by metro government. Details of these ordinances are available at the City of Louisville’s Land Development Code webpage. Note than in certain cases, the City of Beechwood Village’s ordinances are more restrictive than county regulations (i.e. parking, home-based businesses, etc.).
- I am an Attorney or Settlement Agent and have property tax related questions. Who should I contact? Contact the City Clerk, Cherie Brewer at 502.895.9951 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.